Mexican Fiesta Salad Pizza
- 2 pkgs (8 oz or 235 g each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 1/4 lbs (575 g) 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) medium thick and chunky salsa
- 1 envelope (1 oz/35 g) taco seasoning mix
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream
- 2 cups (500 mL) thinly sliced iceberg lettuce
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 green onions with tops, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded cheddar cheese (2 oz/60 g)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) pitted ripe olives, coarsely chopped
- Additional salsa (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Unroll crescent dough; separate into 16 triangles. Arrange 14 of the triangles in a circle on lightly floured Large Round Stone with Handles with wide ends even with edge of baking stone and points toward the center. Place the remaining two triangles in the center, pinching seams to seal. Roll dough to create a smooth surface. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool completely.
In (12-in./30-cm) Skillet, cook ground turkey over medium heat 10-12 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking turkey into crumbles using Mix 'N Chop; drain if necessary.
Combine salsa, seasoning mix and garlic in medium bowl; mix well. Add to turkey in Skillet; toss to coat. Spread sour cream over crust. Spoon turkey mixture over sour cream. Top with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, cheese and olives. Serve immediately with additional salsa, if desired.
- 8 servings of excluding optional ingredient
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 440, Total Fat 24 g, Saturated Fat 9 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Carbohydrate 31 g, Protein 21 g, Sodium 1170 mg, Fiber 1 g