Homestyle Turkey Breast
- 1 5-6 lb (2.25-2.72 kg) bone-in turkey breast
- 1 lemon
- 1 jar (12 oz/350 g) turkey gravy
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp (2 mL) dried oregano leaves
- ½ tsp (2 mL) dried basil leaves
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Rinse turkey with cold water; pat dry. Trim excess fat, if necessary. Place, breast-side up, in Stone Round Baker.
- Juice lemon; pour juice into a small mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour gravy mixture over turkey, coating well.
- Bake 30 minutes; baste turkey with pan juices. Continue baking 2 hours, 30 minutes to 3 hours, basting every 30 minutes until meat registers 170°F (77°C) in thickest part of turkey breast and juices run clear. Remove baker to cooling rack; let stand 10 minutes before carving.
- For gravy, strain pan juices; skim off fat, if necessary. Carve turkey into slices using Carving Set. Serve with gravy.
- 10 servings