Chimichurri Noodles with Grilled Flank Steak
Paired with perfectly grilled flank steak, It's hard to believe that these aren't real noodles!
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, divided
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) plus 1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and ground black pepper, divided
- 1 medium rutabage, peeled, ends trimmed and cut into quarters (about 2 lbs/1 kg)
- 1 lb (450 g) beef flank steak
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Combine the cilantro, parsley and 2 garlic cloves in Manual Food Processor; process until coarsely chopped.
Add ¼ cup (50 mL) oil, vinegar, and 1/8 tsp (0.5 mL) each salt and pepper to the processor; process until well blended, scraping down the sides as necessary.
Spiralize the rutabaga with the fettuccine blade on the Veggie Spiralizer, set aside.
Season the steak with the remaining salt, pepper and remaining garlic pressed with Garlic Press. Heat the Cast Iron Grill Pan Skillet and Cast Iron Grill Press over medium heat for 5 minutes. Grill the steak 10-15 minutes or until reaches 140°F (63°C) for medium-rare doneness or 155°F (68°C) for medium doneness, turning once. Remove the steak from the pan to a cutting board; tent with aluminum foil and let stand 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in the 12” (30-cm) Executive Nonstick Skillet over medium heat 3-5 minutes or until shimmering. Add rutabaga noodles; cook 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add water to the Skillet; cover. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cook 6-8 minutes or until the noodles are crisp-tender. Add the sauce to the noodles; toss to coat.
Slice the steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
To serve, place the noodles on serving platter; arrange the steak over the noodles. Top with pepper flakes, if desired.
- 4 servings of 1 3/4 cups/425 mL noodles; about 4 oz/125 g meat