Hidden Veggie Marinara Pasta
- 1 lb. (450 g) penne pasta
- 2½ cups (625 mL) water
- 2 oz. (60 g) mozzarella cheese
- 2 oz. (60 g) fresh Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup (60 mL) water
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Italian Seasoning Mix
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 cup (250 mL) carrots, peeled and cut into chunks (about 2 medium carrots)
- 1 small zucchini, cut into chunks
- 1 can (28 oz./750 g) diced tomatoes, drained
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package directions.
Meanwhile, add the sauce ingredients, in the order listed, to the Deluxe Cooking Blender. Replace and lock the lid. Turn the wheel to select the HEATED PUREE setting; press the wheel to start.
When the timer is up, press CANCEL. Remove the vented lid cap and carefully add the tomatoes. Replace the cap and blend on speed 2 of the CUSTOM BLEND setting for 30 seconds.*
To serve, pour the sauce over the cooked and drained pasta; stir to combine. Top the pasta with the mozzarella cheese.**
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving (1½ cups/375 mL): Calories 240, Total Fat 1 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 470 mg, Carbohydrate 51 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 7 g, Protein 9 g
For a thicker sauce, drain the tomatoes before adding them to the puree.
Watch this soup come together in the Deluxe Cooking Blender
* The pitcher will be hot during and after cooking. Do not touch the hot glass.
** Use the pitcher handle and helper handle to tilt and lift the pitcher up from the base. Remove the lid away from your body and use the pitcher handle to pour the food.
Recipes that call for dairy or high-sugar foods may experience scorching. Use the Dual-Sided Cleaning Brush to scrub any residue on the bottom of the pitcher. Refer to the use and care manual for deep cleaning instructions.