Baja Cod Air Fryer Tostadas
Bring the tropics to your table with these tasty tostadas made with crispy air-fried cod topped with cabbage slaw, creamy avocado, and pineapple salsa.
- Pineapple Salsa
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and quartered
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) cilantro leaves, loosely packed
- 2 cups (500 mL) cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 lb. (450 g) cod filets, fresh or frozen (thawed), cut into 4 pieces
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Chili Lime Rub
- Cabbage Slaw
- ½ cup (250 mL) sour cream
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Chili Lime Rub
- 1 head napa cabbage, shredded (4 cups/1 L)
- To Serve
- 8 corn tostadas
- 2 ripe avocados, smashed
- To make the salsa, place the bell pepper, jalapeño, lime juice, and salt in a food processor and pulse about 8 times or until coarsely chopped. Add the cilantro and top with the pineapple (this helps to evenly blend), and pulse about 12 times or until coarsely chopped and well blended.
- Pat the fish dry with paper towels; season the top with the rub.
- Spray one tray of the Deluxe Air Fryer with oil; add the cod in a single layer and place on the top rack. Cook on ROAST for 9 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- To make the slaw, combine the sour cream, lime juice, and rub in a medium bowl; fold in the cabbage.
- To assemble, spread each tostada shell with smashed avocado, then top with flaked fish, cabbage slaw, and pineapple salsa. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro, if you’d like.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 500, Total Fat 27 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Sodium 690 mg, Carbohydrate 42 g, Fiber 9 g, Sugars 12 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 27 g
We chose cod for its mild, buttery flavor that works with a variety of ingredients. And, we like how it flakes into juicy, bite-sized pieces. Because it’s a saltwater fish, it can have a slightly salty flavor. If you prefer, you can substitute tilapia or another mild white fish.