Chicken Enchilada Skillet
- 8 oz (250 g) pork chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups (750 mL) shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups (500 mL) green or red enchilada or taco sauce
- 8 cups (2 L) authentic Mexican tortilla chips (about 6 cups/1.5 L coarsely crushed)
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Cook sausage in All White Ceramic 11” Covered Skillet over medium heat 7-9 minutes or until cooked through, breaking into crumbles. Remove Skillet from heat and drain excess fat, if necessary. Return Skillet to heat. Add onion to chorizo in Skillet; cook 3-4 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally. Remove Skillet from heat.
Stir in chicken and enchilada sauce; bring to a simmer. Add chips and mix well to coat. Top with cheese. Bake, uncovered, 4-5 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with cilantro and tomatoes.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 270, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Sodium 620 mg, Carbohydrate 13 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 21 g