Three-Cheese Garden Pizza
Garden-fresh vegetables and a trio of cheeses make this pizza a winner. You can serve it as an appetizer or a light main dish.
- 1 package (13.8 oz/283 g) refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup (4 oz/125 g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 oz/125 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, sliced into rings
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL) mushrooms, sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup (1 oz/30 g) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Italian Seasoning Mix
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Using lightly floured Baker's Roller, roll pizza crust into a 14-inch (35 cm) circle on Pizza Stone. Bake crust 7 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Using Garlic Press, press garlic over crust; spread evenly. Sprinkle mozzarella and cheddar cheeses evenly over crust; top evenly with onion, zucchini, mushrooms and tomatoes. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and seasoning mix. Bake 15-18 minutes or until crust is golden brown; remove from oven. Cut into wedges.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 210, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 21 g, Protein 12 g, Sodium 450 mg, Fiber 1 g
Prebaking the pizza crust will help keep it from getting soggy when topped with vegetables that have a high water content.
Sprinkling some of the cheese on the crust before topping the pizza provides a barrier between the crust and the moist toppings.
Italian seasoning can be substituted for the Italian Seasoning Mix, if desired.