Mediterranean Salad with Hummus Dressing
This warm and hearty salad is perfect for when you want a filling but light main salad!
- 1 cup (250 mL) loosely packed fresh parsley, divided
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain hummus
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and black pepper
- Salad & Chicken
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 medium red onion
- Canola oil for spraying pan
- 1 lb (450 g) chicken tenders
- 2 tbsp (10 mL) Greek Rub
- 1 pkg (5 oz) mixed baby spinach, chard and kale greens (about 5 cups/1.25 L) (see Cook's Tip)
- 1 can (15 oz or 540 mL) unsalted cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 jar (7.5 oz or 170 mL) marinated artichoke heart quarters
- In a small bowl, finely snip parsley with Professional Shears.
- Juice lemon to measure 2 tbsp (30 mL). Add juice, water, 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the parsley, hummus, salt and pepper to Measure, Mix & Pour®; mix until blended. Set aside.
- Cut top off of bell pepper; remove seeds and veins with Scoop Loop™. Cut bell pepper and onion into thin strips.
- Spray Nonstick Double Burner Grill & Grill Press with oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Heat pan and Grill Press over medium heat 3-5 minutes. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with rub. Place chicken on one side and vegetables on other side of pan.
- Cover chicken with Grill Press; cook 3-4 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C). Remove chicken from pan to cutting board.
- Drain artichokes reserving 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the marinade. Add artichokes, marinade, greens, beans and remaining parsley to pan with vegetables.
- Cook 1-2 minutes or until greens begin to wilt, stirring occasionally. Using Silicone Slotted Turner, remove mixture to serving platter.
- Slice chicken. Arrange chicken on platter with vegetables. Drizzle with dressing.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 300, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 630 mg, Carbohydrate 28 g, Fiber 9g, Protein 36 g
The salad mix called for in this recipe may be labeled as “power greens” and can be found in produce section of the grocery store.