Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Braid
- 4 oz (125g) cheddar cheese (1 cup/250 mL grated)
- ¼ red onion
- 1 lb (450g) cooked chicken
- ½ cup (125 mL) ketchup
- 1 tsp (5 mL) apple cider vinegar
- 1½ tbsp (22 mL) Smoky Applewood Rub
- ½ cup (125 mL) canned pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 tbsp (15mL) chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- oil for brushing platter
- 1 pkg (13.8 oz/391 g) refrigerated pizza crust
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a medium bowl, add the chicken, cheese, onion, ketchup, vinegar, rub, pineapple, and cilantro to the bowl and mix well to combine.
Brush the Stone Serving Tray or Large Entertaining Platter with oil. Unroll the pizza dough onto the platter and stretch it out to the width of the platter. Cut 2"- (5-cm-) deep strips every 1½" (4 cm) along the long sides of the dough (there will be about 5" (13 cm) in the center for filling).
- Fill the center of the dough with the chicken mixture. To braid, position the platter so the strips are to your right and left. Pick up the top left strip, twist it once, and lay it across the center. Then, lift the top right strip, twist it once, and lay it on top of the previous strip. Continue alternating strips to form a braid.
Bake for 15–18 minutes, or until it’s golden brown. Cut into 8 slices.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving (1 slice): Calories 290, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Sodium 970 mg, Carbohydrate 32 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 9 g, Protein 25 g
With our Smoky Applewood Rub, you can make savory barbecue sauce with just 3 simple ingredients. If you don’t have it on hand, substitute the ketchup, vinegar, and rub with ½ cup (125 mL) of your favorite store-bought barbecue sauce.