Make your own flavorful candied almonds, pecans, walnuts, cashews, or peanuts—in your own kitchen—in about 10 minutes for snacks, salads, or trail mix.
- 1 cup (250 mL) raw nuts of your choice
- ½ cup (125 mL) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) water
- ½ tbsp (7 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- Add the ingredients to the pan of the Electric Pop & Stir in the order listed.
- Select the NUTS setting and cook with the lid off until the nuts look sandy, 9–12 minutes.
- Move the nuts to a parchment-lined cookie sheet to cool.
- 2 cups (500 mL)
4 servings of ½ cup (125 mL)
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 270, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 150 mg, Carbohydrate 30 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugars 26 g (includes 26 g added sugar), Protein 2 g
Raw nuts give you a crunchy exterior and a softer inside. If you don’t have raw nuts, you can use roasted nuts, but they will be a bit crunchier.
If the nuts reach the edge of the Electric Pop & Stir or clump too much, use a rubber spatula to push them back to the center of the plate.