Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
Classic cookies made in 20 minutes without chilling the dough! Keep some frozen dough on hand so you’re always ready to bake them up!
- ½ cup (125 mL) butter (1 stick), softened
- ½ cup (125 mL) brown sugar
- ¼ cup (60 mL) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 mL) plus 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) baking soda
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ¾ cup (175 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375° F (190°C).
- Add the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg and vanilla to the Deluxe Stand Mixer. Set to CREAM for 1 minute and 50 seconds. Press Start.
- When finished, press X. Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt to the bowl. Select MIX and set to 45 seconds. Press Start. When 10 seconds remain, pause, add the chocolate chips and continue mixing for 5 seconds.
- Use a large scoop to drop 12 cookies onto the baking sheet, spacing dough 2” (5 cm) apart.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool on the pan for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 230, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Sodium 135 mg, Carbohydrate 30 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 20 g (includes 20 g added sugar), Protein 2 g
To get that fresh from a bakery look, add a few extra chocolate chips to the top of the dough before baking.