Mint Chocolate Ice Cream Cake
Cool and refreshing, this cake is as simple as it is sweet.
- 1 pkg (10 oz/300 g) fudge-covered mint cookies (about 40 cookies), divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, melted
- 1 qt (1 L) mint chocolate chip ice cream
- 1 qt (1 L) chocolate ice cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) powdered sugar
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) peppermint extract
- For crust, place 25 of the cookies in resealable plastic bag; crush into fine crumbs using Baker's Roller. Place crumbs in Small Batter Bowl. Add butter; mix well. Press crumb mixture into bottom of 9" (23-cm) Springform Pan. Place pan in freezer until ready to fill.
- Line inside collar of pan with remaining cookies (see Cook's Tip). For filling, place mint chocolate chip ice cream in refrigerator 20 minutes to soften. Scoop mint chocolate ice cream onto crust. Carefully spread ice cream evenly over crust using Small Spreader; cover and freeze 1 hour. Place chocolate ice cream in refrigerator 20 minutes before removing cake from freezer; scoop chocolate ice cream over mint ice cream. Carefully spread evenly and return to freezer.
- Place cream in chilled Stainless (2-qt./2-L) Mixing Bowl; beat on high speed of electric hand mixer until soft peaks form. Add powdered sugar and peppermint extract; continue beating just until stiff peaks form (do not overbeat). Spread cream over chocolate ice cream. Freeze cake until firm, at least 6 hours or overnight.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 390, Total Fat 23 g, Saturated Fat 14 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Carbohydrate 40 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 120 mg, Fiber 1 g
Stand cookies up against side of pan with rounded sides against the collar. Use the first layer of ice cream to hold the cookies in place.
For easier serving, let cake stand at room temperature 15 minutes or until ice cream is slightly softened.