Taffy Apple Pizza
Sliced apples, caramel topping and crunchy peanuts top a giant sugar cookie for this Pampered Chef® classic.
- 1 pkg (18 ounces/540 g) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 pkg (8 ounces/250 g) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup (50 mL) creamy peanut butter
- ½ teaspoon (2 mL) vanilla
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced into ¼"(6 mm) slices
- ¼ cup caramel ice cream topping
- ½ cup peanuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C). Shape the cookie dough into a ball and place the dough in the center of the Pizza Stone; flatten the dough slightly. Using a lightly floured Baker's Roller, roll out the dough into a 14" (35-cm) circle, about ¼" (6 mm) thick. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until the dough is a light golden brown. Remove the stone from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes. Carefully loosen the cookie from the baking stone using a spatula; let the cookie cool completely on the baking stone.
- Combine the cream cheese, brown sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla in a Small Batter Bowl and mix well. Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly over the baked cookie.
- Arrange apple slices evenly over the cream cheese mixture.
- Microwave the ice cream topping on HIGH for 30-45 seconds or until warm; drizzle the topping evenly over the apples. Chop the peanuts using a Food Chopper; sprinkle the nuts over the apples. Cut the pizza into wedges.
- 16 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 300, Total Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 36 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 270 mg, Fiber 1 g
Use the Jar Opener to open the jar of the caramel ice cream topping with ease.
Dip the apple slices in lemon-lime flavored carbonated soda or lemon juice to prevent them from turning brown.
Add a touch of spice to this dessert pizza by sprinkling ground cinnamon over the apple slices in Step 3.
Jessica @Momma_lips recommends this fun twist, "...we removed the peanuts & replaced the apples with fresh raspberries for more taste & color!"