Berry Ricotta Cake with Lemon Glaze
- Canola oil for spritzing
- 1½ cup (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) baking soda
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ½ cup (125 mL) maple syrup
- 1 cup (250 mL) whole milk ricotta
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 6 oz (175 g) raspberries
- ½ lemon
- ¾ cup (175 mL) powdered sugar
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray the Mini Deep Covered Baker with oil using the Kitchen Spritzer.
Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
Combine the maple syrup, ricotta, vanilla, and eggs in a large mixing bowl, then add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until blended.
- Gently fold in the raspberries and pour the mixture into the Mini Deep Covered Baker. Bake, uncovered, for 45–50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Meanwhile, juice the lemon using the Juicer to get 1 tablespoon of juice. Combine the juice with the powdered sugar then pour over the cake while it's still warm.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 250, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Sodium 220 mg, Carbohydrate 43 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugars 22 g, Protein 8 g
To microwave, cook the cake covered on HIGH for 8–10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
To make this recipe in the Deep Covered Baker, just double the ingredients and bake for 60–65 minutes.