Pumpkin Cream Cheese Squares
Marbled with a cream cheese filling, these moist squares are lightly spiced with just the right amount of sweetness. There's no need for frosting... just cut and serve.
- ½ package (8 ounces/250 g) cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup (60 mL) sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (250 mL) canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 cup(250 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) ground ginger
- ½ cup (125 mL) semi-sweet chocolate morsels (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Spray or brush Stone Rectangular Baker with vegetable oil. For filling, whisk cream cheese, sugar and egg in a medium size bowl until well blended; set aside.
- For batter, combine pumpkin, sugar, egg and oil in a large mixing bowl; mix well. Stir in flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and ginger.
- Pour batter into prepared Baker. Drizzle cream cheese mixture over batter; cut through batter with knife several times for marbled effect. Sprinkle with chocolate morsels, if desired.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until wooden pick in center comes out clean. Cool; cut into squares.
- 18 squares
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 160, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 130 mg, Carbohydrate 21 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 14 g (includes 13 g added sugar), Protein 2 g
To soften cream cheese in microwave, place cream cheese in Small Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 15 seconds.
One teaspoon pumpkin pie spice can be substituted for the ground cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger, if desired.