Quick Stovetop Granola
This granola comes together in under 30 minutes, right on your stovetop. Store it in a Leakproof Glass Container to keep it fresh all week!
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 2 cups (500 mL) old fashioned oats (do not use quick or instant)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) honey, agave nectar, or maple pancake syrup
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) dried cherries
Heat the oil in the 12” (30-cm) Executive Skillet over medium heat for 3–5 minutes. Add the oats, pecans, and coconut; cook and stir for 4–6 minutes, or until the oats are golden brown. Move the mixture to a Large Sheet Pan.
Add the honey, brown sugar, and cinnamon to the skillet; cook and stir for 1 minute, or until the mixture is bubbling and thickened.
Return the oat mixture to the skillet; cook for 1 minute, or until coated. Turn off the heat.
Stir in the cherries. Transfer the mixture to a sheet pan and let it cool for 5–10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Store the granola in a large resealable plastic bag or a Leakproof Glass Container.
- 14 servings of 1/4 cup/50 mL
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 100, Total Fat 3.5 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 5 mg, Carbohydrate 18 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 2 g