This easy recipe tastes just like a freshly baked oatmeal bar. Top it with some Mixed Berry Compote and you have the perfect addition to your brunch menu!
- Canola oil for spraying pan
- 2 cups (500 mL) old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter, melted
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
Combine the oats, sugar, nuts, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt in the 4-qt. (4-L) Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl; mix well.
Add the milk mixture and butter to the oat mixture; stir until combined.
Pour the mixture into the baker.
Bake for 35–40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the oat mixture is set. Cool slightly before cutting into 8 squares.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 260, Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 290 mg, Carbohydrate 30 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 8 g