Chicken & Waffle Brunch Bake
The southern brunch classic gets an update.
- Canola oil for spraying baker
- 1 pkg (10.9 oz or 248 g) frozen mini waffles
- 8 oz (250 g) fully cooked breakfast-style chicken or turkey sausage
- 3 green onions
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) black pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pure maple syrup
- 1/4–1/2 tsp (1–2 mL) hot sauce (optional)
Break each waffle into four pieces and place in the baker, overlapping slightly.
Cut the chicken sausage and green onions into chunks, then coarsely chop them with the Food Chopper.
Combine the sausage, onions, eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in the Classic Batter Bowl. Mix well and pour over the waffles.
Bake for 16–18 minutes or until it's set, and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Microwave the maple syrup and hot sauce (if desired) in the 1-cup (250-mL) Silicone Prep Bowl on HIGH for 30–45 seconds.
Remove the baker from the oven; let it cool slightly before cutting it into 16 squares. Drizzle each square with warm syrup.
- 16 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 160, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 155 mg, Sodium 340 mg, Carbohydrate 16 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 9 g