Mini Football Sliders
- 1 (11 oz/312 g) package refrigerated French bread dough
- 1 lb (450 g) 90% lean ground beef
- ½ cup (125 mL) seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Three Onion Rub
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 14 oz (397 g) jar spaghetti sauce
- mozzarella cheese, shredded, for topping
To make this savory little snack, cut the refrigerated French bread dough into 24 discs and bake them for 14–16 minutes at 400°F (200°C) on the Pizza Stone.
- While the bread cools, form the meatballs by combining the ground beef, bread crumbs, eggs, salt, Three Onion Rub, and the garlic pressed with the Garlic Press in a Classic Batter Bowl.
Spread ⅔ cup (150 mL) of a 14 oz (397 g) jar of spaghetti sauce over the bottom of the Stone Rectangular Baker. Shape 24 Medium Scoop-sized amounts of the meat mixture into mini football shapes and bake for 10 minutes in the baker. Pour the remaining sauce over the meatballs and continue baking an additional 18–20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 160°F (71°C).
Top each meatball with shredded mozzarella cheese to create laces and bake 2 more minutes. Hollow out the middles of the bread rounds and place the meatball into the bread to serve.