Movie Theater Popcorn
Movie night is never going to be the same—because you can make buttery, delicious popcorn at home! Grab the remote and get ready for an epic night in.
- ½ cup (125 mL) popcorn kernels
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) oil
- Optional: 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, cut into 6 slices
- Add the popcorn kernels and oil to the pan of the Electric Pop & Stir. Place the lid on top, and place the butter slices over the vents of the lid, if you’d like.
- Select the POP setting and cook until the kernels have popped and there’s about 3 seconds between pops, about 5–8 minutes.
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 130, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 35 mg, Carbohydrate 13 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugars 0 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 2 g
It’s best to use oils with a high smoke point for popcorn. We recommend:
- • Refined (not raw) coconut oil
- • Grapeseed oil
- • Vegetable oil
- • Olive oil (not extra virgin)
- • Canola oil
- • Peanut oil
- • Refined (not raw) avocado oil
If the butter doesn’t completely melt, use a silicone basting brush or spatula to push around the butter until it melts. You can also use room-temperature butter.
Add salt or your favorite seasoning while the popcorn is still warm so it sticks!