Fill these cornbread bites with chili or pulled pork and let guests top their own for a customizable appetizer.
- 1 package (8.5 oz/265 g) cornbread mix
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup (75 mL) milk
- oil for brushing
- Fillings: chili or pulled pork/chicken
- Optional toppings: sliced green onions, jalapeno peppers, sour cream, or grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Whisk together the cornbread mix, egg and milk in a medium bowl until smooth. Let sit for 5 minutes.
Brush one Secret Inside Cake Pan fitted with small well insert with oil. Add cornbread batter to the pan and spread to edges, ensuring the tops of the wells are covered (batter will lightly cover the wells and rise as it bakes).
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool 10 minutes before inverting and remove small well insert. Serve with chili or pulled pork and assorted toppings, slice into 8 wedges.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 140, Total Fat 4.5 g, Saturated Fat 1.5 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 260 mg, Carbohydrate 21 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugars 7 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 3 g