Italian Olive Salad
Our simplified version of tapenade, which is a savory chopped olive spread, can be spread over Pizzetta Triangles for a simple appetizer.
- 2 cups small pitted ripe olives, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning Mix
- 1 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Finely chop olives using Food Chopper. Finely dice bell pepper using Chef's Knife. Snip parsley using Professional Shears. Finely zest lemon using Microplane® Adjustable Fine Grater to measure 1 teaspoon zest. Juice lemon using Juicer to measure 2 teaspoons juice.
In (8-in.) Sauté Pan, combine bell pepper, oil, seasoning mix, garlic pressed with Garlic Press and red pepper flakes; cook and stir over medium heat 1-2 minutes or until bell pepper is crisp-tender. Remove from heat; stir in olives, parsley, lemon zest and juice. Spoon olive mixture into Simple Additions® Small Round Bowl.
- 12 servings of about 3 tablespoons salad
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 30, Total Fat 2.5 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 1 g, Protein 0 g, Sodium 125 mg, Fiber less than 1 g
If desired, 1/2 cup pitted kalamata or green olives can be substituted for 1/2 cup of the ripe olives. Proceed as recipe directs.