Layered Athenian Cheese Spread
With holiday spirit, this molded cheese spread combines tender spinach, sweet red peppers and tangy feta and cream cheeses for all-out great flavor.
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 packages (4 ounces each) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 jar (7 ounces) sweet roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry
- 1/3 cup whole natural almonds, chopped
- Cocktail bread slices or crackers (optional)
Chop the red peppers using the Food Chopper. Line the Small Batter Bowl with plastic wrap; divide the cheese mixture in half. Press half of the cheese mixture into the bowl; top with the red peppers. Spread the remaining cheese mixture over the red peppers. Cover; refrigerate several hours to allow the flavors to blend.
To serve, invert onto a serving plate. Remove the plastic wrap. Chop the almonds and press onto top of the cheese. Serve with toasted Canapé French Bread or assorted crackers.
- 20 servings of 3 tablespoons
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 130, Total Fat 12g, Saturated Fat 7g, Cholesterol 35mg, Carbohydrate 2g, Protein 5g, Sodium 250mg, Fiber less than 1g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
You can make this recipe early in the morning on the day of your party. The flavors will be blended even better.
This festive cheese spread is an easy appetizer to tote along to any party setting. Just keep spread in the Small Batter Bowl, covered with the lid, while toting. Once at the party, simply unmold spread onto a serving plate, remove plastic wrap and sprinkle with chopped almonds.