Grecian Party Squares
You can make the crust for this flavor-packed appetizer ahead of time.
- 2 pkg (8 oz or 235 g each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 pkg (10 oz/300 g) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 1 can (8 oz) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 pkg (4 oz/125 mL) feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 1/2 box (1.8 oz/51 g) dry vegetable soup and dip mix (0.9-oz/25.5-g envelope)
- 1 oz (30 g) Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1/4 cup/50 mL packed)
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Unroll one package of crescent dough across one end of Large Bar Pan or Shallow Baker with longest sides of dough across width of pan. Repeat with remaining package of dough. Using Baker's Roller®, roll dough to seal perforations and press up sides. Bake 12-14 minutes or until light golden brown; remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack.
Line small Stainless Mesh Colander with paper towels. Place spinach into Colander; wrap in paper towels and press until almost dry. Chop artichokes and water chestnuts with Food Chopper. Combine spinach, artichokes, water chestnuts, feta cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, soup mix and pressed garlic in Classic Batter Bowl; mix well.
- 24 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 140, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Carbohydrate 11 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 390 mg, Fiber 1 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
1 starch, 1 1/2 fat (1 carb)
One-half of a 1.7-oz (40-g) envelope dry vegetable soup mix can be substituted for the 0.9-oz (25.5-g) envelope.