Facts You Should Know About Breast Cancer
- The American Cancer Society® estimates there will be about 226,870 new cases of invasive breast cancer this year among women in the United States.
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer among women, excluding skin cancer.
- Women can reduce their breast cancer risk by making healthy lifestyle choices such as staying at a healthy weight, getting regular exercise, and limiting their alcohol intake.
- Two out of three invasive breast cancer cases occur in women over age 55.
- Less than 15 percent of breast cancers diagnosed occur in women with a family history of the disease.
- The estimated five-year survival rate for women diagnosed with breast cancer in its early stages is approximately 99 percent.
About the Help Whip Cancer® Campaign.
To learn more about The Pampered Chef® Cooking Shows, call 888-OUR-CHEF (888-687-2433) or by clicking Find a Consultant.