Covered RoasterItem Number 2401
The perfect size for everyday family meals. Braise meats with the glass lid on to keep them moist and tender.
The perfect size for everyday family meals. Braise meats with the glass lid on to keep them moist and tender. Three rivets on the pan edge stabilize the lid, lifting it slightly to release excess steam. Lid can be used as a baking pan, and nests in roaster for storage. Cast aluminum pan has nonstick interior and is heat-safe to 450°F; 4¼-qt. capacity, 12¾" x 8¾" x 3¼". Glass lid is dishwasher-, microwave-, refrigerator- and freezer-safe, oven-safe to 400°F; 3½-qt. capacity, 12¼" x 7¾" x 2¾".
Use & Care
- Standcard Care: Hand wash pan ONLY using hot, soapy water with nonabrasive sponge or cloth. Wash pan prior to first use. NEVER place the pan in a dishwasher as it will cause the metal base to discolor. This will also void the guarantee. Thoroughly clean and dry cookware after every use. Lid is dishwasher-safe.
- Deep Cleaning: To remove stubborn residues, soak in hot, soapy water and wash with a nonabrasive sponge or cloth by hand. Periodically use deep cleaning methods below to maintain appearance of cookware.
- Pan: Prepare a baking soda paste by mixing ½ cup/125 ml of baking soda with 3 tbsp/45 ml water. Apply to desired areas and let stand for 15-20 minutes. Wipe off excess paste with a nonabrasive sponge or cloth, rinse thoroughly and towel dry.
- Lid: Clean with a cloth dampened with vinegar or lemon juice. Then rinse and thoroughly dry. Do not use abrasive cleansers, such as steel wool, scouring pads or cleansers with chlorine bleach as they may scratch the glass.
- Mineral buildup in the pan can occur with normal use from boiling water or preparing starchy foods. To remove, wipe interior clean with nonabrasive sponge or cloth dipped in white distilled vinegar. Rinse and hand wash with hot, soapy water.
- Storage: To help reduce scratches on interior and exterior coatings, place paper, soft cloth towels or The Pampered Chef® Cookware Protectors between pan and lid when storing.
- Stovetop Use: Preheating of pan on medium heat should not exceed 3 minutes on gas stovetop or 5 minutes on an electric stovetop.
- Cookware is intended to be used on low and medium heat settings and medium high heat for short intervals. Prolonged use at higher heat settings will void the guarantee.
Low heat: simmering liquids, warming good and preparing delicate sauces
Medium heat: preheating, saute, searing, frying, stir-frying
High heat: boiling and reducing liquids only
- Pan may be used on a glass or ceramic cooktop, electric coil or gas burner range. Do not use on induction cooktops.
- For optimal balance and heat distribution, always place the pan on the center of the burner. For gas stoves, flames should not extend beyond the base of the cookware.
- Cooking surfaces should be clean and free of food residue (consult appliance manufacturer’s instruction manual before first use).
- Nonstick Sprays and Oils: Do not use nonstick sprays on the pan as they cause an invisible buildup and impair the coating performance. Do not overheat oil, butter or shortening. This will create a sticky residue that will affect the release and also result in a reduced life of the coating. This will void the guarantee.
- Utensils: Only use nonmetal utensils, such as nylon, silicone, bamboo or wood. Metal utensils will cause permanent damage to the coating and will void the guarantee.
- Metal Bottom: Scratching and dulling will occur to metal bottom and is considered normal wear and tear.
- Oven Use: Pan is oven safe to 450°F/230°C. Lid is oven safe to 400°F/200°C. Caution: Always use a heat-resistant oven mitt or pad when handling a hot pan.
- Broiler: Pan and glass lid are not broiler-safe. Use will void the guarantee.
- Microwave: Pan is not microwave-safe. Lid is microwave-safe.
- Outdoor Grills: Lid and pan are not outdoor grill-safe. Use will void the guarantee.
Safeguards for Lid and Pan
- Steam and splatter: Keep children away from the stove while cooking. Be careful around the stove as heat, steam and splatter can cause burns.
- Unattended Cooking: Never allow pan to boil dry or leave an empty pan on a hot burner as the pan can get extremely hot. This could lead to warping or damage the coating. This will void the guarantee.
- Hot Handles: Handles will get hot on stovetop and in oven. Always use a heat-resistant oven mitt or pad when handling hot handles. Steady glass lid on pan by squeezing both handles to ensure that lid doesn’t slide when removing from oven or stovetop.
- Cooktop Surfaces: For uses on flat glass or ceramic cooktop surfaces, consult the appliance manufacturer’s instruction manual before first use.
- Failure to follow instructions may cause sudden breakage, which could result in property damage, or serious personal injury from cuts or burns. Scratches from certain cleaning materials, sharp knives and other utensils can weaken glass causing unexpected breakage. Do not use if chipped, cracked or noticeably scratched.
- Avoid exposing glass to severe or sudden temperature changes. Do not take directly from freezer to oven. Thaw food in glassware before using in any oven. Do not add boiling liquid to non tempered lid, or add cool liquid in hot lid. To use with boiling liquid, first temper by swishing hot water in lid. Never place a hot lid on cold or wet surface.
- Do not use in toaster oven, broiler, grill, on direct heat source, or an alcohol or canned heat burner.
Made in China
CERTIFICATE OF GUARANTEE
The Pampered Chef guarantees that customers will be completely satisfied with its products.
Our guarantee on consumable products is limited to spoilage, damage in shipping, or error on our part.
- All non-consumable products have a minimum one-year guarantee unless noted otherwise. Misuse or use contrary to the Use and Care instructions will void this guarantee.
- If you need to return a product, please contact the Solution Center within 30 days from the ship date of the order. Upon timely notification and official sales receipt or copy of confirmation email, we will make prepaid arrangements for the item to be returned for replacement, refund or exchange.
- If you need to return a product after 30 days but within one year from the ship date of the order, contact our Solution Center. Upon return of product with official sales receipt or copy of confirmation email (at your expense), we will replace, refund or exchange the item for any other item available for sale at the time of the original purchase, provided it has not been discontinued.
- Any price difference for an exchange will be adjusted. Refunds will not exceed payment made at the time of purchase.
- Products with an (LTD) symbol have a Limited Guarantee.
- The Limited Guarantee covers only satisfaction with the product, manufacturing defects or damage during shipping, that is reported within 30 days from the ship date of the order. Upon timely notification, the item can be returned for replacement, refund or exchange. Returned items must be unused, in original packaging, and with the original sales receipt. Incidental or consequential damages are not recoverable.
- Products with the (#) symbol have an Extended Manufacturer's Guarantee (indicated by the number of years stated).
- Certain products have a Lifetime Guarantee (L). This guarantee extends only to the original purchaser or gift recipient of the product.
- The Extended Manufacturer's Guarantee and the Lifetime Guarantee are limited. They cover repair or replacement only. They cover defects in materials and workmanship. They do not cover commercial use, abuse, misuse, ordinary wear and tear, or an act of God. Incidental or consequential damages are not recoverable under these warranties. If actual product replacement cannot be made due to unavailability, Company may, in its discretion, offer comparable product replacement or credit towards future product purchases. Maximum credit allowed for future product purchases will be the price paid for the covered product.
To close this window, please click anywhere outside of the box.