Mediterranean Lettuce Wraps
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) uncooked whole wheat couscous
- 1 lemon, divided
- 1 container (6 oz) plain nonfat Greek yogurt (2/3 cup/150 mL)
- 4 oz (125 g) fat-free feta cheese, crumbled, divided
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) loosely packed fresh mint leaves, finely chopped, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed, divided
- 1 1/4 tsp (6 mL) coarsely ground black pepper, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) grape tomatoes
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1 can (14.5 oz/540 mL) garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 lb (450 g) turkey breast cutlets, sliced into 2-in. (5-cm) strips
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) fresh oregano leaves, finely chopped
- 12 large Boston lettuce leaves
Prepare couscous according to package directions, using water instead of broth and omitting salt and oil; set aside and keep warm. Meanwhile, for sauce, juice lemon using Juicer to measure 2 tbsp (30 mL). Set aside 1 tbsp (15 mL) for use in salad. Using Small Mix 'N Scraper®, mix remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) juice, yogurt, half of the cheese, half of the mint, one of the pressed garlic cloves and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) of the black pepper in (2-cup/500-mL) Prep Bowl; set aside.
For salad, cut tomatoes lengthwise into quarters and thinly slice onion lengthwise using Chef’s Knife. Combine tomatoes, onion, beans, reserved lemon juice, remaining mint, remaining pressed garlic clove and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) of the black pepper in Classic Batter Bowl; toss gently with Mix 'N Scraper® and set aside.
For filling, add oil to (12-in./30-cm) Skillet; heat over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Place turkey, salt and remaining 3/4 tsp (4 mL) black pepper in Stainless (4-qt./4-L) Mixing Bowl; toss to coat. Cook turkey, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Remove Skillet from heat. Add couscous, remaining cheese and oregano; stir until combined.
To serve, spoon filling onto lettuce leaves; top with salad and drizzle with sauce.
6 servings of 2 wraps
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 230, Calories from Fat 30, Total Fat 3.5 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Sodium 450 mg, Total Carbohydrate 19 g, Dietary Fiber 4 g, Sugars 3 g, Protein 30 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
1 starch, 1 vegetable, 3 1/2 low-fat meat (1 carb)
Turkey cutlets are thinly sliced boneless, skinless turkey breasts.
- Stainless 12″ Covered Skillet $239.00 Add To Cart
- Stainless Mixing Bowl Set $99.50 Add To Cart
- Forged Cutlery 8" Chef's Knife $79.00 Add To Cart
- 2-cup Prep Bowl Set $16.50 Add To Cart
- Mix 'N Scraper® $15.50 Add To Cart
- The Pampered Chef® Make It Fresh, Make It Healthy $15.50 Add To Cart
- Juicer $13.50 Add To Cart
- Small Mix 'N Scraper® $13.50 Add To Cart