Grilled Vegetable Panini
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 8 slices (1/2-3/4 inch thick) sourdough bread
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 medium yellow summer squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 8 slices (1 ounce each) Provolone cheese
Melt butter in microwave on HIGH 20-25 seconds or until melted; add garlic. Brush one side of each slice of bread with butter mixture; set aside.
Slice bell pepper crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick rings. Slice onion crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices. Cut eggplant, yellow squash and zucchini lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices.
Heat Grill Pan over medium heat 5 minutes. Lightly spray pan with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Place bell pepper and onion into pan. Season with salt and black pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Remove from pan; set aside and keep warm. Spray pan again with vegetable oil. Cook eggplant, yellow squash and zucchini 3-4 minutes on each side or until crisp-tender. Remove from pan; set aside and keep warm.
- To assemble sandwiches, arrange four pieces of bread buttered side down; top each with 1 slice cheese, 2 slices each eggplant, yellow squash, zucchini and bell pepper rings, and 1 slice red onion. Top with remaining cheese and remaining bread, buttered side up.
- Heat pan over medium heat. Cook sandwiches 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted and grill marks appear on surface of bread, turning once with Nylon Turner. Serve immediately.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 490, Total Fat 30 g, Saturated Fat 15 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Carbohydrate 38 g, Protein 21 g, Sodium 960 mg, Fiber 5 g