Grilled Chicken & Garden-Fresh Basil Wraps
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (5-6 oz/150-175 g each)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Citrus & Basil Rub
- 4 small vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 oz (125 g) whole milk mozzarella cheese
- 1 oz (30 g) Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) loosely packed fresh basil leaves plus 6 large basil leaves, divided
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) light mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 3 (11-in./28-cm) flour tortillas (see Cook’s Tip)
- Sliced red onions (optional)
Brush chicken with oil using Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush; sprinkle with rub. Arrange chicken in Small Ridged Baker; cover with parchment paper. Microwave on HIGH 5-6 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165ºF (74ºC). Remove chicken from baker to clean Cutting Board; cool 5 minutes. Dice chicken into 1/2-in. (1-cm) pieces with Chef’s Knife.
Meanwhile, slice tomatoes with Simple Slicer on #2 setting. Blot excess moisture from tomatoes with paper towels. Sprinkle tomato slices with salt and black pepper; set aside. Grate mozzarella cheese with Microplane® Adjustable Coarse Grater; set aside. Grate Parmesan cheese with Microplane® Adjustable Fine Grater. Combine 1 cup (250 mL) of the basil, mayonnaise and garlic in Manual Food Processor; cover and pump handle until basil is finely chopped. Combine basil mixture, Parmesan cheese and chicken in Classic Batter Bowl; stir to coat.
To assemble wraps, place three tomato slices widthwise over center of one tortilla, overlapping as necessary. Top with one-third of the chicken mixture; two basil leaves; three additional tomato slices; red onions, if using; and one-third of the mozzarella cheese. Fold in sides of tortilla and roll up tightly burrito style. Repeat two times for a total of three wraps.
Preheat Grill Pan and Grill Press over medium-low heat 5 minutes. Place wraps in pan; top with Grill Press and cook 3-4 minutes per side or until grill marks appear. Remove wraps from pan; cut in half on a bias and serve immediately
6 servings of 1/2 wrap
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 390, Total Fat 19 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 90 mg, Sodium 1070 mg, Carbohydrate 21 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 32 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving: No information is currently available.
Part-skim mozzarella cheese can be substituted for the whole milk mozzarella cheese, if desired.
Warming the tortillas will make them easier to roll up. To warm tortillas, place them between paper towels and microwave on HIGH 30–45 seconds or until warm.
- Executive 11″ Square Grill Pan $149.50 Add To Cart
- Forged Cutlery 8" Chef's Knife $79.00 Add To Cart
- Grill Press $39.00 Add To Cart
- Simple Slicer $31.00 Add To Cart
- Microplane® Adjustable Grater-Fine $28.50 Add To Cart
- Stoneware Small Ridged Baker $25.20 Add To Cart
- Cutting Board $18.50 Add To Cart
- Chef's Silicone Basting Brush $10.00 Add To Cart
- Citrus & Basil Rub $5.00 Add To Cart