Fiesta Chicken and Rice Bake
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) instant long grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen corn
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thick and chunky salsa
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) plus 1 tsp (5 mL) Tex-Mex Rub, divided
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 4-6 oz/125-175 g each)
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Additional salsa, sour cream and chopped cilantro for serving (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Place rice, corn, stock, salsa and 1 tsp (5 mL) of the rub in Medium Rectangular Baker; stir to combine.
Sprinkle chicken with remaining 1 tbsp (15 mL) rub. Place chicken on top of rice mixture.
Bake, uncovered, 35-40 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F (74°C) in thickest part of breast and juices run clear.
Remove baker from oven to cooling rack and top evenly with cheese. Let stand 3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with additional salsa, sour cream and chopped cilantro (optional).
4 servings of 1 chicken breast and 3/4 cup/175 mL rice
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving (1 chicken breast and ¾ cup/175 mL rice): Calories 360, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 80 mg, Sodium 770 mg, Carbohydrate 44 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 32 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving: No information is currently available.
Taco seasoning mix can be substituted for the Tex-Mex Rub.
Recipe can be cut in half and baked in Small Rectangular Baker. Bake 30-35 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F (74°C) in thickest part of breast and juices run clear.