Crunchy Mediterranean Wedge Salad
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Greek Rub
- 2 small vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1/4 seedless cucumber
- 1/2 small red onion
- 2 heads iceberg lettuce
- 4 oz (125 g) feta cheese
- Sliced kalamata olives and Crunchy Pita Strips (optional, see Cook’s Tip)
- 2-3 lemons
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) canola oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Greek Rub
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) sugar
Microwave chicken on HIGH 5-6 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165ºF (74ºC). Set aside to cool.
Remove outer leaves of each head of lettuce. (Do not core heads of lettuce.) Using Chef’s Knife, cut each head of lettuce lengthwise into three 1½-inch-thick (4-cm) slices; arrange slices on Large Bamboo Platter.
To assemble salad, crumble feta with Easy Release Cheese Crumbler. Top each lettuce slice with chicken, vegetables, feta and olives, if desired. Drizzle with dressing and top with Crunchy Pita Strips, if desired.
6 servings of
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 290, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 350 mg, Carbohydrate 9 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 25 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving: No information is currently available.
To prepare Crunchy Pita Strips, thinly slice two pocketless pitas into 1/8-inch-wide (3-mm) strips; cut strips into 1-in. (2.5-cm) pieces. Place pita pieces into Large Micro-Cooker®; spray with canola oil using Kitchen Spritzer and sprinkle with ½ tbsp (7 mL) Greek Rub. Toss to coat using Chef’s Tongs. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 3-4 minutes or until crunchy, stirring occasionally.
- Forged Cutlery 8" Chef's Knife $79.00 Add To Cart
- Forged Cutlery 7" Santoku Knife $73.00 Add To Cart
- Forged Cutlery 5" Santoku $53.00 Add To Cart
- Simple Slicer $32.00 Add To Cart
- Stoneware Small Ridged Baker $31.50 Add To Cart
- Chef's Tongs $23.00 Add To Cart
- Cutting Board $18.50 Add To Cart
- Juicer $13.50 Add To Cart
- Large Black Micro-Cooker® $12.00 Add To Cart
- Greek Rub $5.25 Add To Cart