Chicken & Orzo Soup
- 1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano
- 4 cups (1 L) chicken broth
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) black pepper
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped zucchini
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 tbsp (15 mL0 lemon juice
- Crumbled feta and snipped parsley (optional
Heat oil in Rockcrok® (2-qt./1.9-L) Casserole over medium heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Add onion, pressed garlic and oregano; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add broth, water and black pepper; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir in orzo; cook, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until orzo is tender.
Add chicken, zucchini and red pepper to Casserole. Return to a boil; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice. Ladle soup into bowls; sprinkle with feta cheese and parsley (optional).
4-5 servings of 6 cups/1.5 L
Nutrients per serving:
U.S Nutrients per serving (11/2 cups/375 mL): Calories 190, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Carbohydrate 17 g, Protein 17 g, Sodium 990 mg, Fiber 1 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving: No information is currently available.
Cook's Tips: No information is currently available.