Peanut Butter Chocolate Pudding Cake
- Canola oil for greasing Casserole
- 1 2/3 cups (400 mL) devil’s food cake mix
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (50 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (125 mL) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) boiling water
- 3 pkg (1.5 oz/42 g each) classic peanut butter cups (6 peanut butter cups total)
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Brush bottom and sides of Rockcrok® (2-qt./1.9-L) Casserole with oil.
In medium bowl, combine cake mix, water and egg; mix well. Add peanut butter; mix until well blended. Pour batter into Casserole.
In small bowl, combine brown sugar, cocoa powder and boiling water; stir until blended. Carefully pour over batter. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
Meanwhile, using Food Chopper, coarsely chop peanut butter cups. Remove Casserole from oven to cooling rack. Immediately sprinkle chopped candy over top of cake. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 340, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Sodium 350 mg, Carbohydrate 50 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 8 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
U.S. Diabetic Exchanges per serving: 2 Starch, 1 1/2 Fruit, 3 Fat (3 1/2 Carb)