||pouch (16 ounces) Pantry Pizza Crust & Roll Mix (including yeast packet)
||cups very warm water (120°F-130°F)
||tablespoons vegetable oil
Yield: 1 14-inch pizza crust or 2 12-inch pizza crusts
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine pizza crust mix and yeast packet in large bowl; mix well. Add water and oil. Stir until mixture forms a ball.
- Turn dough out onto well floured surface. With floured or greased hands, gently knead dough 8-10 times. Sprinkle additional flour over surface as needed to reduce stickiness. If making two 12-inch pizzas, divide dough in half.
- Shape dough into a smooth ball. Pat dough into a well floured disk. Place dough on center of flat Baking Stone or well greased metal baking pan. Roll out dough to within 1/2 inch of edge.
- Spread 1/2-3/4 cup pizza sauce over dough. Add toppings such as 1/2 pound cooked meat or 1 1/2 cups chopped vegetables and 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown.
Variations: Herbed Crust: Stir 1 tablespoon Pantry Italian Seasoning Mix or 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil leaves and dried oregano leaves into dry mix. Proceed as recipe directs.
Thick-Crust Pizza: Prepare dough as directed in Step 1. Turn dough out onto well floured surface. With floured or greased hands, knead dough 5 minutes. Sprinkle additional flour over surface to reduce stickiness. Shape dough into a ball. Cover; let dough rest 10 minutes. Continue as directed in Steps 4-6.
© 2013 The Pampered Chef used under license.