Page not found
The page you have requested does not exist or has been moved to another address. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Try our home page for a new direction.
Here’s a recipe to make it up to you!
Caramel-Apple Skillet Cake
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 3 small Braeburn apples
- 1 pkg (15.25-18.25 oz) yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tsp Korintje Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat butter, sugar, cream and corn syrup in All White Ceramic 11-in. Covered Skillet over medium heat until simmering, stirring until smooth. Cook mixture, uncovered, another 7-9 minutes or until mixture is thickened and slightly darker in color, stirring occasionally. Remove Skillet from heat.
- Meanwhile, cut apples with Apple Wedger and set aside five of the wedges. Starting at the edges of the Skillet, carefully arrange apple wedges, cut side down, over caramel. Arrange the remaining five wedges in the center.
- Whisk cake mix, eggs, sour cream and cinnamon in Stainless (4-qt./4-L) Mixing Bowl until blended. Carefully spoon batter over apples and spread batter evenly with Small Spreader. Bake, uncovered, 38-42 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Carefully remove Skillet from oven using Oven Mitt. Let stand 2 minutes.
- Carefully invert cake onto serving platter. Let stand 5 minutes and serve.
Yield: 12 servings
Nutrients per serving: Calories 450, Total Fat 21 g, Saturated Fat 11 g, Cholesterol 95 mg, Sodium 360 mg, Carbohydrate 63 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 4 g
©2013 The Pampered Chef used under license.